Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Some Companies Recruiting on Twitter

You may or may not have heard of Twitter (OK. OK. You probably have probably been living in a cave with no electricity for the last 2 years if you have not at least heard of Twitter). It can be yet another tool in the Searching-For-Work-Toolbox.

Here are a few Companies Recruiting on Twitter:
Accenture: @Accenture_Jobs
ACULIS, Inc.: @aculis
ADP: @ADPCareers
Allstate Insurance: @AllstateCareers
American Express: @brandonpatton
AOL: @theregoesdave
APCO Worldwide: @Jessica_lee
Apple: @timesse
Assurant Solutions: @AssurantCareers
AT&T: @ATTjobs and @therecruiterguy
BAE Systems: @kellyviglione
Blackbaud: @stephmcdonald
Burger King: @BKCareers
City of Kingston: @kingstoncareers
Clearspring: @ihireu4cs
Compuware: @scottboren
comScore: @comScoreJobs
Davita: @DavitaJobs
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu: @JoinDeloitteUS
Disney/ABC: @DisneyABC
Ecolab: @Ecolab_Jobs
EDS: @tinahuckabay
EMC Careers: @EMCCareers and @EMCCollege
Ernst and Young: @Ernst_and_young
Excellaco: @excellaco
Follett Software: @FSCCareers
Forrester Research: @forresterjobs
Fullhouse Interactive: @fullhousecareer
Hallmark: @hallmarkcareers
HCA: @acareerathca
Hershey Company: @HersheyCompany
Hewitt: @HewittCareers
HomEq Servicing: @dcastrodale
Hitachi Consulting: @havrilla
Hyatt: @hyattcareers
Intel: @Jobsatintel
Intercontinental Hotel Group: @IHGeCareers
J.B. Hunt: @WeHaveFreight
Kaiser Permanente: @JennStockton
Kaplan Test Prep Services: @KTPA_Careers
Keller Williams Realty: @KWCareers
Kissito: @kissitocareers
KPMG: @KPMGCareers and @recruitingtruth
Kroger: @KrogerWorks
LexisNexis: @LN_Recruiting
Mattel: @MattelRecruiter and @mattelmba
McCormick & Schmick @Careers_At_ MSSR
McGladry: @lifeatmcgladrey
Microsoft @JobsBlog
MTV Networks @MTVnetworksjobs
MTV Games @MTVGamesJobs
New York Times: @NYTimesRecruit
nGenera: @nGeneraCareers
Odyssey Financial Technologies: @OdysseyCareers
Raytheon: @Raytheon_Jobs
Razorfish: @RazorfishJobs
Region 10: @LisaatRegionTen
RWRoundarch:@RWRoundarch
Sodexo: @sodexocareers
Southwest Airlines: @SWALesa
Spotsylvania Medical Center: @CareersAtSRMC
Starbucks: @Starbuckscareer
Take Care Health Systems: @TakeCareJobs
Thomson Reuters: @steffenson and @TRCareers
Time Warner Cable: @TWC_Recruiter
Twitter: @jobs
United Parcel Service: @UPSjobs
University of Pittsburgh Med Center: @UPMCCareers
United States Department of State: @DOScareers
Verizon: @VerizonCareers
Warner Brothers Entertainment: @WBCareers
Whistler Blackstone: @WhistlerJobs
Wipro: @WiproCareers
Zappos: @electra

So, now I have IDs on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, have been in the Des Moines Register, have been pictured in Juice, and have been featured on WHO TV news .
What I still do not have is a new position leading a high-performing technology/ops group at a fast-paced growing company.
(I would definitely trade all of what I listed in the have column for what is in the not-have column).
:)

--
Mike
To get automatic notifications of updates to this blog click the Follow button at the top right. Or just add the feed to your Reader.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Mike,

I saw the spot that WHO Channel 13 did on you the other night and it really blew my mind. All I could think about was how, after 10 months of unemployment, have you not gotten a job?!? There comes a time when you must lower your standards and accept a job that may not be perfect and may not compensate you like you feel you should be compensated. You have chosen to deplete your savings and dip into your daughter’s college fund in lieu of doing this. I, personally, was laid off almost 7 weeks ago. For the first couple of weeks, I tried to get a job and a salary that I wanted, but eventually, I knew that I must settle for a little less. I filled out some applications and dropped off some resumes, and within 2 weeks, I had two job offers. I start one of those jobs this coming Monday. There are jobs out there; you may just have to settle for a little less.

Feel free to let me know what you think about my comments.

Steve

Mike said...

Congrats on your success at quickly finding something that will allow you to pay the bills.
See http://whojobseekers.blogspot.com/2009/04/o-word.html for a challenge that many of us with several years of experience are facing.

Suzanne said...

Steve -
While I see your point about getting a job as soon as possible to get the bills paid, I sure hope that you continue to find a job that you're passionate about. I'm curious to learn what industry you were in and what industry you are in now. For some specific professions, it is extremely difficult to obtain a job if you are over-qualified. With that said, if a person was to go out of their 'profession' to take a job in the short term this should not affect them. For instance, if a Marketing Manager decided to tend bar while looking for a job in their field. We all have our breaking points that will determine when/if we settle. Yours appears to have been sooner than later. I'm glad that you weren't unemployed for long!!!

Gene said...

I am a little late coming to this discussion; however, I do want to add my thoughts. Suzanne's comments echo my thoughts.

First of all, it's easy to say you need to lower you standards and take something to "pay the bills," but accomplishing this in some areas is almost impossible. IT is definitely one of those areas where being overqualified usually excludes you from the running.

Second, and much more importantly, taking any job for the sake of paying the bills may not be a healthy step. I have been in career transition for the past seven months and just recently found the right opportunity with the right organization. My time spent in transition has been a time of great growth for me; professionally, emotionally, relationally, and spiritually. I wouldn't trade it for anything because I am reentering the workforce knowing better who I am, what I can do, what I love to do, and how I can make a difference.

I fully respect Mike for his determination to ensure he finds the right fit. He is taking a long range view of his career. Frankly, money will come and go...it always has in my experience...so our focus should be on what really matters. Finding employment that matches your skills, experience, and passions is critical for your health and that of your family. Taking some time to get there is an investment.

Anonymous said...

Mike, I think you pulled the list from my site? www.susanstrayer.com. I hope it is helpful!