Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Updates

Check out the blog, "Unemployed in Des Moines," written by Suzanne. It's at: http://unemployedindesmoines.blogspot.com/
I checked it tonight and saw the blog about the Townhall Meeting which was held tonight. Raced off to it and was greeted warmly by the participants. I really enjoyed meeting some new people and telling my unemployment story. Watch Suzanne's site for more details about the next meeting. It will be held on June 23. The group is attempting to collect unemployed Iowan's stories and will be having a large meeting on November 1 at the Polk County Convention Center hopefully with the governor.

Also, I had an interview last week (following the phone interview I had previously). Got a phone call today though saying I wasn't chosen for the job. On to bigger and better things!! Meanwhile I'm taking advantage of Grandview University's offer of free classes this summer. Had my first test today! Yikes!

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hi Sheri:

I'd love to connect with you. Could you email your email address to me so we can start a dialogue? Mine is suzanne_hull@hotmail.com. I'm in a training today, but I'll be able to respond tonight.

Thanks!

Suzanne Hull
@unemployedindsm

Mike said...

Sorry that you were not selected. It can definitely be disappointing. However, at least they did notify you (which does not always happen now-a-days).

If you would not mind sharing, which classes are you taking and are you finding them interesting/worthwhile?

Sheri said...

Mike,
I'm just finishing up with a beginning marketing class. Will take an entrepreneurship class in July. Other classes that I've signed up have been dropped due to low enrollment which have been a disappointment though. I believe any class that is free is worthwhile!

Suzanne said...

If you and Mike are talking about the free summer classes for the unemployed offered by Granview, I think I'm in your entrepreneurship class:). I'm also taking the project management class. Will be strange going back to school! It's too bad that classes are have been dropped! Any idea of the date for the entrepreneurship class to begin? I'm hoping they start AFTER the 4th!!!