Saturday, April 4, 2009

Family

Mike said it very well in his blog of March 30. One thing he said: " You may be pleasantly surprised by the core strength of your family."

My son and I have been through some really tough times throughout he years. Imagine my surprise when I received this card from him yesterday.

It said: "I know this was a difficult year for you. But through it all, you lived each day with amazing courage and grace--growing and learning and finding your way ... and now it's your birthday, and you have a brand-new year ahead of you, the past behind you, and a lifetime of dreams just waiting to come true."

Thanks Hallmark, BUT especially thanks to my son for showing such maturity and insightfulness to know that this card would be the perfect thing to cheer me up during the days of my unemployment.

No comments: