Sunday, December 20, 2009

Weeks 4-8

I talked to friends of mine to let them know I was looking for a job. One of my friends said he did not think his company was hiring, but he would check anyway. Turns out they were not hiring at the moment, but they wanted to interview me for upcoming positions.
That is a great example of trying to let everyone that you know that you are looking for a job. Also, get your own business cards made! One website to check out is vistaprint.com That is were I ordered mine. Business cards are an easy way to exchange information with someone, or just give them information. Just be sure to carry some in your wallet or purse at all times. Not that I have ever forgotten that, LoL.
My job hunting I limit to about one or two days a week. There are a few reasons that I do this. One being, there are not very many new applicable job postings from week to week. Two, I think it is more stressful to search everyday, especially when you do not see any new postings at all.
Check back for my next blog where I'll talk about a couple of interviews that I had in the last few weeks. With any luck by my next post I may have a new job!

Noah

1 comment:

Dave Price said...

Thanks for keeping us posted, Noah. Good luck!